Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Dipali's Mehendi


I always make it a point to find out a bride's likes and dislikes, and most importantly, I love incorporating the bride's personality in the mehendi. Dipali came to us with very elaborate and interesting ideas. During our conversation, she mentioned how she would be the among those who sat in the front row seats during a wedding ceremony. Hence, I incorporated a few ceremonies that are involved in a hindu wedding. We incorporated a Ganeshji from her wedding invitation. To make this a really unique pattern, I also incorporated the mang-sindoor ceremony, a ceremony which Dipali was in awe of. For her wrist, I chose to use a pattern from the mehendi party's backdrop! Although not visible, towards the elbows, I drew musical instruments to represent the sangeet ceremony during which we applied mehendi for over a hundred ladies.
Please note we do not use any harmful chemical to enchance the color. We, however, bring fresh mehendi from Udaipur, Rajasthan. As for the amazing color Dipali argues it's because her "husband loves [her] so much!"


No comments:

Post a Comment