Monday, February 28, 2011

Detailed.

When Dharmi Sahdev, lead planner of Evenings of Elegance, called me to inquire about collaborating with her for her cousin, Mughda's wedding, I knew I was going to be a part of something fun, beautiful and detail oriented.

Many brides don't have the time or way of meeting with their many vendors before the event or signing a contract. This is when trust is really importa
nt, and I am glad that Mughda, had the confidence in my work to send in a deposit to reserve me even before we had met or spoken! Mughda lived in India prior to her wedding and so she trusted in Dharmi and I to ensure that she had very detailed mehendi that is done in India.
While Mughda liked for the designs to delicate and feminine, she didn't like many flowers in her pattern. Instead, she chose to do more abstract patterns, even shying away from doing too many peacocks. Rather, she embraced tradition by incorporating many different wedding symbols in her designs. These included having a picture of a bride and a groom, tabla and shehnai, and kalaash to name a few. What made her design even more unique was that she chose not to do a full figure bride and groom and instead chose to get a bride in a doli.

Even the mehendi done on her feet was as detailed as the mehendi done on her hands.
What I really appreciated about Dharmi as a planner was that she made me and my mom feel at home at the event. We joked, heard good music, talked, enjoyed ourselves, all while doing work. So thanks a bunch for that, Dharmi!

No comments:

Post a Comment